1982 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo Diesel For Sale - SOLD FOR $3,600

SOLD.

1982 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo Diesel-former California Car-Low Miles.  Car is now in the Boston area.
Only 115,500 miles. This turbo diesel is hardly broken in.  Not a grease car--not converted (yet!)
I love the car, but the wife wants something newer with things like air bags, etc.
For photos see the craigslist ad:  http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/2463216177.html
If you want to see the car, I commute between Natick and Cambridge with it most days.
This is my daily driver for a 20 mile commute each way. Averages 24-25 MPG in mixed driving and likely gets 30+ on the highway. It cruises comfortably at 70 MPH, and will easily go faster. It runs clean and does not belch smoke.

This car spent most of its 29 years in California, so there is virtually zero rust. Only two or three winters in New England after a brief stay in Florida. The interior is in excellent shape. The MB-Tex seats have no holes, tears or stains.
Mechanically it is in great shape.  All original equipment. Engine starts right up even in very cold weather, though it does have a block heater. It also has an electric sliding roof, power windows and locks (all work). It is a 4-speed automatic. It drives very nicely; straight and smooth. Air conditioning doesn't work. I estimate the snow tires have about 75% life left. A second set of all-season tires is also included.

This engine is the OM617.95x, one of the most durable and reliable engines ever built. 3.0 liter, inline 5-cylinder engine. At 115k miles, this one still has a long life ahead of it. Body style is the W123. This would be a great candidate for a veggie oil conversion. This car is a very well preserved example of the stylish 300D. I have all of the receipts for service and repairs since it was new. Complete records including the original window sticker! (1982 sticker price was $31,227!)

Work in the past year:
Oil changes every 3,000 miles.
New belts.
Air filter replaced.
Right upper & lower ball joints replaced.
Front brake pads and rotors replaced; wheel bearings repacked.

Natick, MA