Cold weather and tired cooling systems can often lead to lower than desired fuel temperatures and inconveniently long warm-up times. Greasecar's FPHE kit was designed as a straightforward add-on to help saturate coolant heat and accelerate fuel warm-up time. A perfect compliment to any Greasecar conversion kit.
The heart of this kit is a high quality 18 plate stainless steel heat exchanger brazed with copper and manufactured in the USA. With over 2.4 square feet (345.6 in2) of surface area this unit will optimize your system's heating potential. In lab testing, we were able to achieve close to 100 oF increase in vegetable oil temperature in one pass. This FPHE is designed to handle pressures up to 435 psi, temperatures from -310oF to 450oF, and has shown to provide over 26,000 Btu/hr of heat transfer in testing.
A full set of angled and straight hose barbs, hoses and clamps allow you to easily adapt the unit for your specific application.
- 1 18 plate brazed stainless steel heat exchanger (3" x 8" foot print)
- 2 3/8" x ½" NPT brass barbs (straight)
- 2 3/8" x ½" NPT brass barbs (90 degree)
- 2 5/8" x ½" NPT brass barbs (straight)
- 2 5/8" x ½" NPT brass barbs (90 degree)
- 5ft 3/8" ID rubber fuel line
- 5ft 5/8" ID heater hose
- 2 #8 hose clamps
- 2 #5 hose clamps
- Stainless steel mounting hardware